Saturday, January 24, 2015

Oh Goodness Me! Good-For-You Flour-less Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

I have been spending countless hours on the internet since changing my lifestyle into a more healthy one. Such great information out there and I am wanting to start sharing a little bit and consolidate the things that I love the most!

So here is the first! I picked up some super delicious looking recipes for desserts for two reasons

1. I really want to start baking with Cora. She loves to mix and pour foods right now and so its fun to do, but I want the outcome to be something healthy for us.
2. I want some sweets, dang it!

I found myself in the health food section of the store getting all the items that I didn't already have and headed home in excitement!

Thinking it would take a lot more time than it actually did, I got right to making these little muffins. They were ready before I knew it.

So here are the Deets!

Recipe:

1/2 cup Almond Butter
1 Ripe Banana
1 Egg
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp. ground Flaxseed
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips

How to:

Put everything in a bowl except the chocolate chips. blend it with whatever mixer you have. (I have a cheapy hand mixer) Make it pretty creamy. It will look a tad griddy but mostly like a brownie batter consistency.

Then add in those delicious chocolate chips and mix them in the batter.

Spray some olive oil cooking spay on the muffin pan and dole out the batter into 10 of the muffin forms.

Put it in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes. (I forgot to set the timer or look at the clock so I just did the simple "stick a knife in them and take them out when no batter sticks" test. (Totally worked! Score!)

Voila! They are delicious


My Recommendations:

1. I would use half almond butter and half something else (maybe even peanut butter?) or add in some PB2. Im not a huge fan of almond butter.
2. Make sure that when the recipe calls for a "ripe" banana that you actually follow that rule. The sweetness comes from the banana so the riper it is the sweeter it will be.
3. There is a difference between just Flaxseed and ground Flaxseed (I found out the "hard" way.. but they are still delicious!)
4. If you are wanting to make a healthy dessert like this, but sharing with the office or friends and they aren't super health freaks, then add in a little crushed heath bar or Reese's chips (just a little!) to really sweeten the deal ;)

Because I track my macros:

Try and view the recipe here so you can track your macros too! Recipe breakdown on MyFitnessPal.com



Recipe from: @RunningwithScissors


No comments:

Post a Comment