Saturday, October 11, 2014

How I Afford Shakeology as a Single Mom





If you are ready to give it a shot, read more and ask me any questions you may have!




How I Started:

In 2011 I started with P90X and Shakeology. I knew nothing about either one. I was just as clueless as most when it comes to Shakeology and a Beachbody workout when its their first purchase. I thought it would be great to try something new even though I had no idea what was in the shakes or how it would help me (stick with me, I learned as I went to research EVERYTHING)

Well with Shakeology P90X (and a little Insanity mixed in) I lost 50lbs in 90 days! That includes a move from Virginia to Georgia in week 8 as well as an email from my deployed husband, at the time, letting me know he wanted a divorce.

I was determined and focused to not let anything stop me this time. I tried working out, I tried eating healthy, but I never tried them together.

Why I love it:

I love Shakeology for many reasons, so for my Type A personalities, here is a list:

1. I was a HUGE candy and fast food-aholic. Shakeology cured me from DAY #1 of that.- I now            have no cravings when I drink Shakeology

2. I am never hungry/starving- It keeps me full. How? Because its a shake packed with whole  foods. Whole foods are wonderful! They keep you fuller longer and more satisfied because they don't  consist of simple sugars and fillers. A little goes a long way when it comes to whole foods.

3. I now have breakfast every day. I get up early, I work full time, and I have a little one to care for; plus, I really dont care for breakfast food items. So, I choose to drink my Shakeology in the morning for breakfast. It takes all of 2-3 minutes to make and keeps me full. With regular breakfast items I am hungry within 2 hours.. (its all those fillers!)

4. It IS cheaper than buying foods that are cheaper in the short run but not in the long run. Again, these chemical filled foods that now sit on the store shelves that Americans are buying by the millions daily will not keep you full and satisfied for as long as Shakeology will.

How I Afford it:

1. I replace bad foods with Shakeology. SO many people tell me "its too expensive to eat healthy". This is not true, at least in my case. If you are buying healthy and unhealthy foods, then yes! it will absolutely be more expensive; hands down and no doubt! But again, whole foods keep you fuller longer, you also don't need as much of these foods at one time because they are not "filler foods". By switching to a healthier lifestyle I am able to save money with Shakeology and my grocery bill.

2. It really is only $5 a day. Think about the things you spend money on. What items are completely ridiculous and not needed? A burger from McDonald's, a salad from Subway, a Coffee from Starbucks, or a Soda at the gas station. All of these items cost more than one Shakeology. Are you willing to forfeit the nutrition by having something else that will not fill you up, will not contribute to your health, and could cause heart disease? Not me! I chose to not have these items because I have something that is far better for me for the same price.

3. I don't have cable, lightening speed internet, of the best phone plan. Trust me, I am super internet friendly. I post super often and am able to go to school full time online and surf the web, but I have the lowest speed internet that is pretty dang cheap! I also dont have cable TV. This is SO expensive and its not in the budget as far as where my priorities lie. There are so many free and LEGAL ways to watch television shows when I have the time. I have the smallest phone plan I could get; yes, my data amount runs out in the first day of the month and for 29 days I have to deal with slower speeds on the phone for the internet, but that is also not priority; my health is. All of these things that most all people have think they are necessities. In many cases they are not; its just how we prioritize differently.

4. My daughter eats what I eat. Simply put, Im not Burger King. This is not "have it your way". We have the same foods, she eats healthy and I eat healthy. This causes lower costs at the store because we are eating the same thing. I have to say the BIGGEST benefit in this point is that I am not getting healthy and sacrificing my daughter's health. So many of us go on a health kick and leave our children behind. Teach them through action what the best foods are for the body. It will save you time and money in the doctors office and with your grocery bill.

5, I have priorities that are in health and wellness. Not only am I a coach but I am also a Health Care Management student about to earn my Bachelors. I put health and wellness first because I have no idea how long I will live on this earth, but the years I do have will not be spent sick or chronically ill. We all know Americans are living longer than ever, but that doesn't mean healthy as ever. I do not want to be 90 and bed ridden because of what I am eating today. I also want to show my daughter what proper health is, so that way when its time for her to make her own choices, its second nature to chose the healthy option. Childhood obesity is at a skyrocketing rate; will you contribute to that number or take action now?

6. I have access to water without paying for bottled water. No no no. this gets expensive! Its just as much as a bottle of Coke. I have a water purifier and am able to drink 96oz of water a day without buying bottled water.

7. Eating out is super limited. I dont use food as a social experience. Food is to keep me alive, to sustain my gains and workouts. I do go out occasionally but for the most part, social events for me are just that, time with friends and loved ones without the added calories and expense.



Why I continue to use it:

1. Simple! It works. Whole foods, full meal replacement.. its a no brainer

2. Shakeology along with health foods makes me feel amazing every single day. I never feel bloated or yucky. I just feel clean from the inside out :)

3. Its reliable. When i'm tired or busy and I don't want to or cannot cook I drink Shakeology instead. No more "I don't have time... lets get McDonald's" Its cheaper and its healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment