Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Don't Worry About Me!

     Are you going through your fitness transition? just starting? Just making plans? Sitting on the coach thinking about it? Either way, at some point you may come across a moment when your journey seems negative to others. At times I cannot really grasp on to why but when it comes down to it I think I found the reason. There has been so much pressure on women to be skinny and so that has created a stigma on women actually focusing on working out, eating good, and getting healthy. The problem is that, doing these things isn't a problem! But, because of the stigma of women "needing to be skinny", these days, at least where I live, seems to be something of a negative matter.

   Well, I am here to say, don't worry about me! I can guarantee this:

1. I most likely eat more.. not more calories but more. I eat ALL.THE.TIME
2. I hydrate my body like water is going out of style. I maintain a proper hydration level. This is a good thing!
3. I work on my cardiovascular health
4. I strengthen my muscles and bones with strength training
5. I have become more disciplined mentally and physically

So, if you are going through your fitness journey and you ever get negative comments or stares, maybe just because you didnt order the most unhealthy thing on the menu or you declined to go out for pizza, dont let it deter you from going for your goals! I notice that the more I stick to my guns and stand up for what I want and believe in the more people see its a positive thing and usually they turn to the "dark side" eventually and get on the fitness train with me. 

Just.Stay.Positive and You.Do.You!

On a side note, I finally found a picture of what has been in my head as far as my goals. Here is a side by side of what I think of when I think of my fitness and what I think people think of me when I am going through this huge physical change:


Let me first say that all women are beautiful and there is no shame in being the frame you want to be, already are, or whatever may happen... However, my goal is to be F.I.T. and not necessarily skinny. Skinny is a perk to getting lean and fit, but the girl to the left is what I imagine when I think of what I want to strive for. To the right is what I think most people see and think about when they assume what I want out of my fitness goals. No matter what people think, I strive one. There is something that I want, that is healthier than I am today and I will not let one negative comment or assumption stop me!

So, my questions to you are:
 What are your motivators? 
What do you KNOW you are doing right?
What are weak points that you need help with?

No comments:

Post a Comment