Monday, January 26, 2015

Best Cookies Ever- Avocado Cocoa Cookies!

I have been at it again. Searching the internet like crazy looking for an awesome new dessert recipe.

Lucky me, and LUCKY YOU, that I found the absolute best cookie recipe ever. I can honestly say I have never tasted a better cookie (coming from the girl with completely different taste buds!)




So here are the deets!

Recipe:

1 Avocado
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 Egg
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (I used special dark by Hershey's)
50g dark chocolate chunks (who even measures this? JK JK)
1/2 tsp. baking soda

How to:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, mix together (with hand mixer or food processor) the avocado and coconut sugar until smooth. 

Add in the egg. 

Mix in the cocoa powder and baking soda

Then stir in the chocolate chunks

Spray a little olive oil down. Using two spoons, place dollops of cookie on a baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookie doesn't spread all that much so flatten it a bit with a fork. 

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookie batter doesn't stick to a knife. 

Let them cool (but enjoy the first one when its still warm!)

Tips:

1. I think this is a recipe that even non-fitness/nutrition freaks would love, but if you have picky ones, add in a SMALL amount of Reese's chips or heath to give it an extra zing of sugar. But again, these are THAT good, that they don't need the added sugars.
2. Get creative! To one of mine, I added in a middle layer of the yogurt/sunflower butter/mashed banana cream I used to make banana sandwiches and it was delicious (would be even better with peanut butter instead of sunflower butter.. but still!) Mix it up and try your own

Best part, other than it being the best cookie ever created, it fits into Macros (and I am in the SHRED phase!) 



These beauties were originally found on @Josefinetm via instagram :)

No comments:

Post a Comment